For the period of the FEZ "Vitebsk" functioning (30 years) any increase in taxes rates is not admissible. International agreement between Belarus and other countries on avoiding double taxation are in power on the FEZ "Vitebsk" territory.
In this juncture, mentioned above tax privileges and customs preferences allow producers to reduce financial load of an enterprise on 30% - 40% in comparison with other subjects of management in Belarus.
Customs preferences on the FEZ "Vitebsk" territory.
The territory of the Free Economic Zone 'Vitebsk" has also got the status and the privileges of Free Customs Zone (FCZ).
FCZ "Vitebsk" is a part of the FEZ "Vitebsk" which is defined by the FEZ Administration as agreed with Belarussian State Customs Committee. Customs issuance of foreign goods, which are exported/imported to/from FEZ "Vitebsk" is done on the FCZ "Vitebsk" territory.
The regime of Free Customs Zone has the following specific features:
1. In case of export to FCZ there is an exemption from export customs dues for:
- imported goods;
- foreign goods (which are under customs control on the customs territory of Belarus and Russian Federation);
- third countries goods exported from the territory of Russia and have free circulation in Russia.
2. In case of import from FCZ there are not customs dues and taxes, measures of economic policy are not applied towards:
Taking into consideration everything these two features, the export of goods made on the FEZ "Vitebsk" territory is free of customs dues and taxes, and measures of economic policy are not applied. But it should be stressed that the origin of goods and services must be certified documentary.
- goods and services, exported from the customs zones of Belarus and Russia (only if they have a certificate of self produced goods);
- goods and services exported to the other part of Belarusian customs territory or Russia (only if certificate of origin of goods (form ST -1) and self produced goods certificate are present).
Self-produced goods and services of the FEZ "Vitebsk" residents are not quoted nor licensed when exported to the rest of the Belarusian customs territory and beyond. The exception are some goods on which Belarus has international obligations.